Monday, September 17, 2012

POW/MIA Recognition Day Blog Hop



Back in the days when I wore Mary Jane loafers or saddle oxfords, I had some stickers I was pleased to share and I often doodled the same sentiment any and everywhere.  They said "POW's Never Have A Nice Day" with a frowny face.  POW bracelets were seen on a lot of arms at the time and when the Vietnam war ended, there were some sad stories when some of the prisoners of war never came home.



This year the National POW/MIA Recognition Day falls on my late dad's birthday, September 21.  He was Army a long time ago.  I come from a long line of folks who served in various branches of the service in most of the major wars and conflicts dating back to both the Revolutionary War and to Europe.

I'm pleased to be part of this hop.  On most blog hops, I offer a prize but this time I'm asking you to join me in giving back to our veterans especially former POWs.  This is the web address for the veteran's hospital closest to me - I will donate one item for every comment I receive and if you want to give on your own, even better!

http://www.fayettevillear.va.gov/giving/

And please visit all the other stops on the hop:




1.Kharisma Rhayne2.Catriona Cullum
3.Dakota Trace4.Sara York
5.Ashen White6.POW/MIA Recognition Day Blog Hop
7.A Page In The Life - Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy8.http://leharner.blogspot.com/
9.One Hot Mess10.Brandie Buckwine
11.The Jeep Diva12.Love is a Many Flavored Thing
13.Carly Fall - Where Fantasy meets Romance14.Elise Marion--The Romance Writer's Reads
15.Tara Lain erotic romance16.Jennifer Brown
17.Morticia Knight18.Realmantic Moments/Lila Munro
19.Eden Connor20.Alex Raines
21.Melissa Keir22.Victoria Roder - author
23.Kiki Howell - ABA Blog24.Natasha Blackthorne ~ Erotic Historical Romance
25.Lynda Frazier Suspense Romance26.Angelica Dawson
27.Elise Hepner A Willing Writer's Blog28.MamaKitty Reviews
29.Bridgette O'Hare - Supernatural Romance Author

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for supporting our man and women. They are the reason this country is the best. The sacrifices made throughout our country's existence will not be forgotten by those who benefit. Thank you!
    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, as an army personell and army wife i cant tell you how much this hop means to me. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea to contribute to the VA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining in. I'm going to look into contributing there as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for being a part of the blog hop and for supporting a good cause :)

    BeckeyWhiteATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very proud of the military of the US. I served four years and my husband retired after 23 years! Many of my family members were /are vets and my uncle was a POW in Vietnam.
    Yvette
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice for a donation! I already donate to our own local VA hospital and support the vets because I come from a long line of military men too.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for joinging the hop and supporting such a great cause

    bmack31919@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for participating in this blog hop!!

    books4me67 at ymail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful thing for you to be doing.

    bookaholicholly @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful hop! I think it is great that you are donating! I don't think that our military members get enough recognition. Thank you. :)
    trb0917 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your donations. These men and women are an inspiration to us all for what they do for us each and every day :)
    cassandrahicks1989@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for participating in the hop, that's nice that you are donating to it looks like your local VA hospital. My husband's cousin is a former POW Jessica Lynch and thank you to all those that helped rescue her.
    Z

    ReplyDelete

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg