Saturday, May 5, 2012

MORE Men of May Bloghop Fun - Check Them Out!

Just for fun I thought I'd write a new post for each day of the Men of May Bloghop! After all, they call this the MERRY month of May so why not?

I'm giving away two eBook copies of World Without End, Amen (Silver Publishing) plus two eBook copies of Long Live The King (Champagne Books) - more about it tomorrow!

Today I thought I'd share some pics of the men who inspired my heroes in my novels or ones who look like I imagine them.   Let's start with this.....Connor Donavan from A Patient Heart.  Okay so it's really Hugh Jackman but since I think he's smoking hot, who cares? After all Shakespeare said a rose by any other name would smell as sweet....






Now here's my idea of Gray from Miss Good Samaritan


And how about a tempting little taste from my upcoming full length historical coming May 17 from Rebel Ink Press, In The Shadow of War
He smiled with a mixture of sadness and sweetness. “You don’t have to, Bette.  I’m not going to mind if you want a soda or something else.  I’m not trying to corrupt you, honey.”
            His eyes met hers, candid and open with emotion.  It swayed her and she put her hand on his shoulder. “I know you’re not, but I’d like to try it.”
             Within minutes they both had a bottle of beer.  Bette watched Benny down a long swig he obviously enjoyed so she put hers to her lips.  She sipped and almost gagged on the first taste.   The beer wasn’t sweet but almost sour and the yeast-like aroma reminded her of baking bread.   Bette took another small drink and it went down a little easier.  She tasted a third time and decided she might like it.  When she glanced up, Benny watched her, face serious.
            “What?”
            “You okay?” he asked, with concern. “I thought you might toss your cookies for a minute.”
            “I’m fine,” Bette said. “I think I’m starting to like it.”
            “Don’t drink it if you think you’ll get sick.”
            “I won’t.”
            She managed about half and then she offered it to him. 
            “Thanks,” he said. “So did you like it or not?”
            Bette waggled her hand. “I did and I didn’t.  I don’t know.  I thought it’d be sweeter.”
            Benny laughed. “Next time I’ll let you try rum and Coca Cola if you like sweet, but not tonight.  It wouldn’t mix good with the beer.  Let’s get a few more dances before it’s time to go.”
            They danced to more tunes, last to Fats Waller’s classic Ain’t Misbehaving.  Their pace slowed to the music and Bette sang along a few snatches of the refrain, content to dance all night with Benny’s arms around her.  When the song ended, he pulled her tight into the circle of his arms and kissed her as if they were alone.
            His lips ignited hers with a slow fever as his fingers strayed into her curls.  As he stroked her hair, Bette felt delicious sensations spiral through her body and his kiss evoked a rising surge within, as emotional as physical.  Her hands locked around his neck and her thighs beneath her thin dress pressed against his starched khaki trousers.  Already overheated from dancing, Bette burned as passion flamed between them.  One of his hands descended from her hair to touch her breast.  His gentle stroking through the fabric caused her to shiver with pleasure and her nipple hardened in answer to his movement.  Although Benny took liberties beyond what most guys dared, it didn’t come across as dirty which surprised Bette even as she reveled in it.  He evoked tenderness instead of lechery.
            Benny pulled his mouth away but gazed into her eyes without blinking until she’d almost swear he hypnotized her. 


Now let's go to the hop - The Men of May Bloghop


2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in the hop! I love then men who inspire you!

    mimirose41209 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about men! Especiall those that inspire!
    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now those are a couple of inspiring men!
    suz2(at)cox(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. SQUEE!! Thank you for the Hugh Jackman pic! Loved the excerpt; I'm adding In The Shadow of War to my wish list.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg