Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Madness - And I'm Not Talking Basketball

Anyone familiar with me at all knows I'm not much of a sports fan.  I don't sit down to watch any sport on television although on rare occasions I enjoy going to a big league game but it's more for the environment than the sport.   So when I talk March Madness, I'm not talking basketball playoffs but the ongoing trials, triumphs and excitement in my life.

Today begins March, kickoff to a new month and countdown to my next anticipated release on April 3.  I'm thigh deep in edits at the moment and since my three kids' social and school calendars ramped up to spring activity levels, I'm busy.

In the last week I have or soon will celebrate my twin daughters' sixteenth birthday (and will again this weekend), judged both days of the local high school speech and debate tournament, attended my daughter's dress rehearsal of a reader's theater production of "Split", attend a parents meeting about earning dual college credit while still in high school, considered which if any college summer program for high school students my daughters may attend, ranging from Brown University in Rhode Island to Northfield, MN, helped my son build a weather station as a science project, will attend my son's spring music program, applauded my first cousin's campaign launch for sheriff of Buchanan County, Missouri, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.

Add the above to my daily life writing, editing, researching, cooking, cleaning, serving as a taxi driver for three kids.   March holds two more upcoming birthdays - my husband and son.

It's going to be a busy month so I'm dubbing it March Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg