Wednesday, February 8, 2012

KT Bishop Stops In - We're Talking About Careless Hearts!

I'm delighted to welcome in another Rebel Ink Press author to talk about a new release. We've got K.T. Bishop in the house to talk about Careless Hearts, just out from Rebel. Before we find out more about the new release, let's sit down and talk writing.


Do you read the same genre that you write? Why or why not?

K.T.: I did at first to get a feel of Interracial Romance, making sure I knew what I was doing. I usually read mainstream romance from Harlequin.






Favorite authors or books

K.T.: Beth Kery, Carly Phillips, Susan Elizabeth Phillips.

What have you learned so far and what do you hope to learn?

K.T.: I learned how to improve my writing and go from one scene to another. In a span of one year, I've become a better writer.

Share some goals a year from now and five years from now.

K.T.: I want to be a crossover author, one who can sell at his publisher, then branch out to places like Barnes and Noble, Amazon and Bookstrand!

What’s your current project and what’s coming next for you as an author?

K.T.: Books for Memorial Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July. I'm trying to write for most of the major holidays.

Are your family and friends supportive?

K.T.: My brother brags about it, telling people that I write books. During a trip home for Christmas, I was in the library. One of my classmates posted on Facebook: “An author in a library, that's cool.”That comment blew me out of the water. My friends are proud, especially my three favorite teachers!

Share a memory that made it into some of your writing.

K.T.: My first trip away from home after my second year of college. It became a three-book series at Red Rose Publishing called College Love 101: Curing a Cajun Cold, Catching a Cuban Curveball and the third, Back in Love Again, is under submission.

The second instance, Classified Love, a Memorial Day book at Rebel Ink Press, was inspired by an ex-girlfriend.

Self-promotion – love it or hate it?

K.T.: A little of both because I have no control over the situation. You can blog until your hands fall off, it takes years to build an audience.

Tell us about your latest release.

K.T.: Careless Hearts is a Valentine's Day romance, Interracial, set in San Francisco about a rising baseball star getting seduced by his agent's secretary.

Can you give us an excerpt?

K.T.: Glad to...

B.K.’s office was thick with tension as he went over his plans for Ginger to seduce Sandy. He ordered her to sit in, but without talking. “I just want you to hear what he sounds like.”

“If you say so.” Ginger sat nervously in the chair and shrugged her shoulders over his tactic. She watched B.K. call Sandy to arrange a meeting on Friday for them to negotiate in his office.

“Hey Sandman, can you drop by my office in a couple of days?” B.K. requested.

“Yeah, but it won’t change things,” Sandy said. “I’m still leaving your team.”

Words of confidence dropped from B.K.’s lips. “I’m not sure about that.”

“Whatever man,” Sandy said matter of fact. “I’ll give you one shot at me, but it won’t work.”

When Sandy hung up the phone to end his one-on-one chat with B.K., Ginger breathed deep to soak in the tense atmosphere. “That was uh interesting, but I don’t think I needed to be here.”

“Your purpose in the meeting was served,” B.K. assured her. “Sandy didn’t even know you were in the room and won’t see you coming for miles.”

She spoke in a low tone, as fear settled deep into her soul. “I just hope this plan of yours works.”

www.Rebelinkpress.com; www.ktbishop.webs.com; www.kenibird.blogspot.com

K.T.: Thanks for having me over, Lee Ann!
It's my pleasure - hope to have you over again for each of your upcoming new releases both from Rebel Ink Press and Red Rose Publishing!!
Here are some links to find more of K.T. Bishop's Works

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when family & friends are proud of your writing? I came into it late in life and I think people are more surprised then thrilled, but I will prevail. Your latest book sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a pleasure to welcome a fellow author to my blog and especially another Rebel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best thrills was last weekend, Nancy, when a childhood friend suggested a book on her life! That's flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice when family and friends support you. An excellent interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always great to get support, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg