Monday, January 16, 2012

Welcome Author Alyssa Fox!

We're kicking off the week with a hot new release from an up and coming author, Alyssa Fox. Alyssa's new release, Bound to Protect, is out from Evernight Publishing. As book one of the Sizzling Nights series, Alyssa's new release sounds fantastic!

But before we get to things like blurb, cover, and an excerpt, let's sit down with some iced coffee and chat with the author:




What’s your least favorite thing? I can’t think of any part that I hate.

Why do you write?
I write because that’s who I am and if I didn’t write down what my characters were saying, they’d drive me nuts.

Do you read the same genre that you write?
Yes.
Why or why not? I believe you have to read in the genre that you write to know how to write it.

Favorite authors or books (just list a few):

Shayla Black

Maya Banks

Nora Roberts

These are my top favorites. I read all kinds of books from different genres.


When did you first consider being a writer?
I was snowed in with 4 kids two years ago and was going crazy. These two characters wouldn’t shut up until I started writing down their story.


Tell us in brief about your personal road to publication

What do you like to do when you’re not writing? I love to spend time with my family, read and knit. Right now I’m busy coaching my daughter’s cheerleading squad for the basketball season.


What’s the inspiration behind your current release? Well, Chad and Katie were in my debut book in a small part. I never saw them as a big part or even getting their own book, until I got further into that book. There was one scene in the book where the main character from the first book, Erin, was talking to her best friend Katie, about work. And Chad and the hero in that book, Kyle, are talking in the same room before a meeting is to start.


Something my readers didn’t see in that book, which I did and chose not to put in the book, that Chad kept looking over at Katie and longing to be with her.


What have you learned so far and what do you hope to learn?

Share some goals a year from now and five years from now. One major goal for this year is to finish a single title erotic suspense that I’ve been working on, and get an agent and a contract at my dream publisher, Berkley. Also, to hit a bestseller list and it doesn’t have to be the NY Times or USA Today.


For five years: To have a great series running with said dream publisher, and to be on the USA Today and NY Times bestseller list.

What’s your current project and what’s coming next for you as an author? My current project is working on Alex’s book. He’s one of Katie’s brothers in Bound To Protect, and then I need to finish her other brother Kevin’s book. After that, then working on the single title book.


Are your family and friends supportive? My family is very supportive and my friends for the most part are.


What other occupation do you have (or did have) in addition to writing? I’m an at home mom. Or, in short, what’s your day job? I don’t have a day job I stay at home.

Share a memory that made it into some of your writing.

Self-promotion – love it or hate it? Love it at times. LOL!

Tell us one thing about yourself your readers and online friends probably don’t know?

That my twin boys have autism.

Share one guilty secret.

Iced coffee or chocolate.

Here's the blurb:
Sizzling Nights, 1

Katie Thomas has been living a secret life for four years to keep safe. She’s scared and not sure what to do, until she moves next door to fellow doctor, Chad Davis. One sizzling night together has her yearning for more, but what he wants in the bedroom is a threat to everything she’s ever believed.
Chad Davis has always had a thing for the sexy doctor. Assigned to protect Katie, he is determined to bring down her ex. His reasons are personal, but one erotic night together in his bed is all it takes for his priorities to shift. He is not giving her up, no matter how much she insists she is not right for him.
Can Chad help Katie unlock her hidden desires and prove to her she means more to him than a fling?

Excerpt:


The moans coming from Katie just about did him in. Chad lowered her onto the bed and the grip of her arms around his neck tightened. For a moment, she pulled away from the kiss.
“I’ve got you. I won’t drop you.”
A smile crossed her face and made his heart grip tighter against his chest. He was going to enjoy teaching her to be submissive.
“Take your shirt off,” he said with a gruff voice.
“What?”
“You heard what I said.” She stiffened and pulled her legs against her chest. Chad stifled a curse. He had to get his dominant side in check if he was going to reach her. He couldn’t go all “hard-ass” on her the first time. What she needed right now was reassurance that she was safe enough with him to truly let go.
“You’re not going to take it off?” Uncertainty laced her voice. .
“If I wanted to take it off of you, I would have.” Kneeling on the bed beside her, Chad promised himself to go as slowly as she needed. His gut told him she wanted this even if she wasn’t sure how it worked. It was part of his job to show her what her body wanted, needed and craved deep down inside. “If you didn’t have a fantasy about this, you wouldn’t have books on BDSM. Let me show you what your body secretly craves.”
“I’m not a helpless bimbo that needs to be told what to do to get off,” she spit back.
He hardly kept his laugh inside. She still wanted to fight what he knew her body wanted, but her independent streak was woven so deeply that she didn’t want to let go and feel. Hell, after all she’d been through, he could understand why. That was one thing he admired about her. Katie didn’t take shit from anyone.
“Is that so?” Butterflies slammed against her stomach as his hand continued to roam her body. For a moment she worried about Chad's taking things too far, about not being what he needed in a woman. What if she wasn’t built to do what he wanted? He didn’t give her much time to think on that before slipping off her thong. Now she was completely naked with his hard body pressed against hers.
“Yes. Now, no talking, unless you’re screaming out my name. Until then, call me ‘Sir’.”
“What if I have a question or something is bothering me?”
“Address me as ‘Sir’ and we’ll deal with it. Are you ready?”
Katie nodded. Nothing could happen to her, and if she needed it, she had a safe word. If she had to, she’d hold onto that reassurance with all her might and not hesitate to speak the safe word if things overwhelmed her. That was the whole point of having a safe word.
“I asked you a question.”
Drawing in her bottom lip, she grazed it with her teeth. “Yes, I’m ready.”
“Yes, what, Katie?” He stopped the caress just a whisper away from her breast. She desperately wanted him to touch her again. Arching towards him, she tried to bring her body into contact with his hand, but he moved.
“Yes, Sir. I’m ready.”
“Relax. Every time I touch you, I can feel you jump. No one’s going to hurt you here.”
Taking in a deep breath, she willed herself to relax, or at least try. Before, this was the point where she’d have trouble and start to pull back from her lover.
“Shouldn’t we lie down?”
Oh God, not there! That shouldn’t turn her on even more. Chad’s body heat seeped into her back as he blanketed her with the hard muscles of his chest. His hand moved between her thighs.
“Don’t make me ask again. I’ll spank your ass next time.”
“Yes, but I don’t like it. It hurts.” She turned her head to glance at him. “No anal. I can’t do that. You can kiss your chance to fuck me away if you think you’re going to hit me.” Never again would she allow a man to hit her. Being that weak again wasn’t an option anymore. Moisture seeped between her thighs at the erotic thought of him smacking her, but no way would she tell him that it turned her on to have him do it. She'd read about it in her books, and it was never abusive. According to the books, it was always done in a safe manner, and brought the woman pleasure. There’d been times that she’d been so turned on after reading that she had to take care of things on her own. And she had no doubts that Chad would see to her pleasure in every way.



Her Seduction~ Coming Soon from Evernight Publishing
Bound To Protect Coming January 16 from Evernight Publishing http://www.evernightpublishing.com
Road to Recovery~ Kindle
You can find me at my website, blog, Facebook and Twitter

2 comments:

  1. -“Yes. Now, no talking, unless you’re screaming out my name. Until then, call me ‘Sir’.”
    LOL. This made me smile. He better not just be talking the talk.

    I'm curious about your heroine's past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very much a Dom. Well, you'll just have to read the book to find out her past. I will say this have a box of tissues ready. I made some of my critique partners cry.

      Delete

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg