Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rebel To Rebel: Welcome Suzzana C. Ryan, Rebel Ink Author!


We're sitting down to visit with another Rebel Ink Press author today....Suzzana C. Ryan.  It's always a pleasure to have another author in the house and it's like having family over when it's another Rebel.  Yes, I'm very proud to be part of the Rebel Ink Press family and that's how most of us feel, like a connected family.

 Suzzana's Valentine release, My Body, My Soul releases from Rebel on February 3rd along with a host of other Rebel Ink titles including my Valentine release, A Patient Heart.  

Let's get to know Suzzana....I already know we have a lot in common because when we talked books, most of her favorite authors and titles are mine too!



What’s your favorite thing about being a writer/author?

 It’s a rush. It’s like winning a Jack pot in Vegas. I love writing, it relaxes me, lets me get away even though I’m in my home in NY. Head phones on music glaring and my mind at work.

What’s your least favorite thing?

Not being able to do it full time.

Why do you write?

 It’s a passion, a way to enter another world. It’s a way to leave something of yourself behind for others to enjoy.

Do you read the same genre that you write?

  Yes, I do. I love to read other writers who write erotic romance.  Why or why not? Writing erotic romance takes a quite vivid imagination. Reading it, envisioning keeps your mind sharp and it always help to get new “terminology”.

Favorite authors or books (just list a few):

 James Patterson, Stephen King and Beatrice Small. Gone with the wind, Wuthering heights and Forever Amber. And Salem’s Lot, that starter the Vampire thing for me.


When did you first consider being a writer?
About twenty years ago. I wrote my first manuscript, it was a disaster.

What was the first thing you ever wrote?

A Poem.

Tell us in brief about your personal road to publication.

 I started to write, no knowledge of the mechanics at all. Just had the stories in my head, still have so many. Ebooking and the internet were my guide. I knew that I wanted to write erotic paranormal and contemporary romance. In my search I found Rebel Ink Press. Contacted them and asked if they published erotic romance. E said absolutely. I have never been happier.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

Read, sew and decorate my home.

What’s your favorite destination when you want to unwind or have fun?

 Atlantic City and Vegas

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?

I love NYC, I’m on Long Island, it would have to be NY city.

What’s the inspiration behind your current release?

A Love lost A Love found again. All my stories center on a love affair.


What have you learned so far and what do you hope to learn?

 Editing and becoming a more polished writer.

Share some goals a year from now and five years from now.

 Writing full time.


What’s your current project and what’s coming next for you as an author?

My Body My Soul, an erotic paranormal short story. I have A Vampire for her Birthday coming up behind, Black Roses, Kendra’s interview with Love, For the Love of Jake, and two full novels, Dark Desire of Blood and A Love Dipped in Blood, Vampires galore and hot.


Are your family and friends supportive?
They’ve been wonderful.

What other occupation do you have (or did have) in addition to writing?  Or, in short, what’s your day job?

 I work for a large group of doctors. I’ve worked in the Medical field for over twenty years.

Share a memory that made it into some of your writing.

My first love affair, you never forget it.

Self-promotion – love it or hate it?

 Love it...we all have to do it

Tell us one thing about yourself your readers and online friends probably don’t know.

 I’m a grandmother, nearing retirement age (well I’m going to retire earlier than most)and still feel seventeen!

Share one guilty secret.

 I still think about my first love. It was a very hot affair, but so in the past. LOL.

Suzzana C Ryan, Rebel Ink Author

suzzanacryan.blogspot.com

suzzanacryan.webs.com

suzzanacryanromanceauthor.blogspot.com

facebook

Another upcoming cover!!

1 comment:

  1. LeeAnn

    Thank you so much for having me here today lovely Lady and fellow Rebel Author.
    Suzzana C Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg