Friday, December 2, 2011

Norman Rockwell, not 30 Rock!

Everyone loves a story at Christmas time and most of us have our favorites.  Of course the story of the Nativity from Luke in the Bible is the original and ultimate story of Christmas but we all love a heartwarming tale during the holidays.   Many people, myself included, are fond of Dickens A Christmas Carol.  As time permits each year, I try to read it as well as catch one of the movie versions.  The classic poem that created our modern incarnation of jolly old St. Nick, The Night Before Christmas is another favorite along with stories from Maeve Binchy, Mitch Albom, and more. My all time favorite Christmas short story is O. Henry’s The Gift of the Magi. I make time in my busy hectic schedule to read some of the old favorites during the holidays and I’m always excited if I find a new one to add to my collection.  The same applies to my collection of holiday music heavy on 1940’s and 1950’s hits, Highland Music, Mannheim Steamroller, and Ray Charles.  I also have my special holiday programs and movies I like to watch.

Last night I joined with other local citizens as we watched an annual event - the holiday lighting celebration in the park.  It's a small but pretty park with a natural spring hence the name "Big Spring Park".  It's the park where Caroline goes to meet Reid in Love Never Fails and it'll show up again in my upcoming historical romance In The Shadow of War next year.  Here's a picture of the huge tree the local citizen of the year lights up along with assorted other park decorations:

Like I said when I posted the pic to Facebook from my Blackberry, it's not 30 Rock but more of a Norman Rockwell moment.  Local school kids sing Christmas songs, some public officical always reads "The Night Before Christmas", the Boy Scouts serve up hot chocolate, and all that fun stuff.

My ten year old son say it's now "really" the Christmas season and the holiday events are just beginning in my small town.  But there's also another event about to happen important to me - the long awaited (at least by me) of my first ever Christmas release, Sing We Now of Christmas from Rebel Ink Press.

Here's the link to the book trailer:

http://youtu.be/mLQBf90xFMM

  Sing We Now of Christmas is a novel about hope when it appears hopeless, faith when there’s no reason to believe except what’s in the heart, and about love.  It will debut, as do most of my novels, in eBook format and maybe, cross your fingers, there may be a paperback edition somewhere down the road.   Another release later in December, Love Shadows, will mark my tenth full length novel release in a year’s time and there’s much more ahead.  Love Shadows is book four of my popular Love Covenant series from Evernight Publishing.

 Like many of my other recent novels, Sing We Now of Christmas is set here in Southwest Missouri.  Some scenes happen just over the border in northeastern Oklahoma but the settings will be familiar to anyone who knows and loves our Four States region.  From Neosho to the shores of Grand Lake, to Grove and Joplin, Jessica Martin Devereaux moves through her days with hope.

 Here’s the cover blurb:
 When Jessica Martin met Johnny Devereaux that December, holiday magic filled the air but their love was no enchantment….he was, without doubt the love of her life and by summer, they were happy newlyweds with all their life and holidays ahead.
But when he failed to return home from a fishing trip on the Fourth of July, Jessica’s world is rocked to the foundation and when the authorities tell her that her husband is missing, presumed dead, she refuses to believe it.
As the months and seasons pass, no one else holds out hope but Jessica believes.
She knows he’ll be home for Christmas no matter what.  Her family calls her crazy, Johnny’s family tries to help her find closure but Jessica’s heart refuses to surrender hope.
When Christmas comes, the truth will come out to shock them all.
 Although we’re just beginning the holiday season, I hope to share the wonder and magic of Christmas with all my friends and neighbors here in southwest Missouri.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg