Monday, November 14, 2011

Welcome Roz Lee - FOUR OF HEARTS, book four in her Lothario series!



Autumn is the perfect time to curl up with a good, sensual book.  So if you're looking for a great read, you've come to the right place.  Pour up a cup of hot chocolate or some coffee....let's find out more about author Roz Lee and book four in her Lothario series, Four of Hearts.

There's a certain romance about cruise ships.  Spice it up with some bondage classes on board ship, a wife's sexual curiosity and the development of a polyamorous relationship and you've got one hot read with a story that engages from beginning to end.

Welcome to author Roz Lee, here today to talk about her new novel.  We've got an interview with Roz but let's tempt our tastes first with the blurb and an excerpt from Four of Hearts, book four in Roz Kelly's Lothario series.   Here's the cover:


BLURB:

Marriage hasn’t tamed Candace Callahan’s sexual curiosity, something her husband Ryan is grateful for, but when she asks him to tie her up for her anniversary present, he knows he’s going to need the help of their friends, Richard Wolfe and his wife, Fallon.

Dr. Fallon Enright is the resident sex therapist aboard the Lothario - the cruise ship co-owned by her husband and Ryan Callahan. When Ryan asks to participate in one of their couple’s rope bondage classes, Richard isn’t sure it’s a good idea, but Fallon assures him all will be well.

What begins as innocent curiosity, blossoms into a polyamorous relationship none of them could have expected, but they are powerless to ignore. When the tabloids expose their new lifestyle, the foursome must choose between the love they feel for each other, or accepting society’s moral constraints.



EXCERPT:

Ryan froze with his lips against the pulse in Candace’s neck. His erection surged with new vigor against her stomach. Why couldn’t his wife ask for something easy for their anniversary? Something like diamonds, a villa in France, hell, even an expedition to the North Pole. The image in his brain coalesced, and he knew he would give her whatever she wanted.

“You want me to tie you up?” he asked as soon as he found his voice.

“Don’t even try to tell me it doesn’t excite you.” Candace wiggled her soft mound against his cock. “I felt that.”

He had no intention of denying his interest. Only a fool would, and Ryan Callahan was no fool. He continued his exploration of his wife’s creamy soft skin, all the while forming and reforming the new image in his head. His lips left her neck, slipped to her shoulder where he tasted every inch of skin, before angling lower toward the perfect swell of her breasts. His hands held hers pinned flat on either side of her head. He’d tied her hands once, when he’d spirited her away from the Lothario and onto the Vixen, but that had been role-playing more than anything else. He was pretty sure she had something more in mind. He hoped to God she did.

Her request shouldn’t have been a surprise. She’d spent a lot of time lately talking to his best friend’s wife. Rope bondage was Fallon’s new research topic, and a passion shared with her husband Richard. Ryan inched his way lower, and teased one nipple to a marble hard peak with his tongue, before taking it in his mouth. Candace drew in a sharp breath and arched her back, encouraging him to suck harder. He obliged his wife.

His wife. The moniker still sent a thrill through his body every time he thought, or said the word. Candace Callahan. His wife. God, what a wondrous thing that was. For nearly a year, she’d been his constant companion, his lover, his…everything. Before he met Candace, he’d been lost and alone, searching for something he couldn’t name. Now it had a name. Love.

“Well?” Candace prodded on a gasp as Ryan switched breasts, sucking the poor, neglected one in his mouth without preamble.

Surely, she knew the answer. He couldn’t deny her anything. Still, he made her wait for his reply. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t given it any thought himself. There wasn’t much he hadn’t imagined doing with Candace.

He released her hands and slid lower until he lay pillowed between her thighs. He brushed his thumbs over the neatly trimmed auburn triangle that drew him like a compass needle to magnetic north. The scent of her arousal filled his nostrils and fueled a primal need. He swept his tongue through her juices. She ground her swollen flesh against his face, and he knew she’d forgotten everything but this. He dedicated himself to keeping the status quo for the foreseeable future.



BUY LINKS:




Now let's grab another cup of coffee, a cold soda, or a nice cuppa tea to sit down with Roz with our thanks for joining us today.

A Page in The Life blog - Interview questions:

Thanks so much for inviting me over to play today! I love the fall leaves on your blog! They make me homesick for our NJ house. As I’m writing this, the weather dude says 8-14” of snow there, and I’m stuck in SoCal where it’s sunny and warm. I’d much rather be cozied up in front of the fire with some hot cocoa and a good book.
How long have you been a writer? 

I began writing in 2001, so ten years. Most of that time was spent writing a very bad novel, and then learning all I could about how to write a better one. Then I spent a lot of time formulating ideas for books, scribbling ideas down and seeing if any of them could become actual stories. Some of them did, and some of them are still just ideas in a notebook. It was a long process, and frustrating at times when the rejections began to pile up!

What do you like most about writing? And the least?

Like any creative person, I love to see my ideas translate into something tangible, something to be enjoyed by other people. Writing a book is like baking a cake. You take the raw ingredients (words) and mix them all up, bake it (edit) until it’s done. Next comes the icing (cover). Then you put it in the bakery window and hope someone buys it. And like any good baker, you smile when they come back and tell you how much they enjoyed your cake.
On the other hand, writing can be the most frustrating job in the world. Every day I’m faced with an empty bakery display case, and I’m expected to fill it up with goodies for the hungry readers. Some days I feel like baking, and some days I don’t, but like the rest of the world, I go to work whether I want to or not!

Did you dream of growing up to be a writer or did it just happen?
I’d never given writing a thought until my kids were grown. BTW – I have two beautiful daughters who are now in grad school. One will have her Master’s in a few weeks and the other is working on her PhD. I blame them for putting the writing idea in my head. It’s a very cliché story, but true. I read a lot of romance novels when they were growing up. It was my little escape from the sometimes tedious life of a stay-at-home mom. One day they were making fun of my habit, and commented that I’d read so many I could probably write one. *ding* I think I may have written that first one just to prove to them I could.

Tell us about your latest or coming soon book(s). What inspired it?
My latest release is FOUR OF HEARTS. It’s the fourth book set on my imaginary cruise ship, the Lothario. Warning - This isn’t your grandparent’s cruise ship! I came up with the idea for a cruise ship dedicated to everything sexual while on a cruise – with my family. It’s another cliché story. We’d gone to one of those variety shows where there was supposed to be something for everyone. Singing, dancing, acrobats, you name it, they tossed it in. I was bored out of my mind, but I was intrigued by the costumes. The female acrobats wore flesh-toned body suits with splashes of sequins in strategic places. Clearly, this was for the men in the audience, and might have worked in a bigger venue, but that close, it didn’t quite work. Anyway, my mind wandered. I began the what if game. What if all the crew dressed like that? What if… Well, the Lothario, aka THE LUST BOAT, set sail because of that family vacation!
So, that’s how the whole concept came about. My original outline for the series included this fourth book, but at the time I didn’t know who the four characters would be. After I’d written the first two books, I knew they would have to be those two couples, that I wasn’t finished telling their stories. I know my readers thought I’d given Ryan and Candace, Richard and Fallon their happy ever after, but I hope they will see, as I did, that there was more in store for these characters.
What’s next? Book five in the series, UNDER THE COVERS, is on my editors desk. No release date has been set yet, but look for it early next year.

Was there a lot of research involved in creating this book?
I’d like to say I went on a lot of singles cruises (my hubby of 33 years wouldn’t like that, I’m sure), but the truth is, my research has been mostly on the internet. And yes, there is research to do, even on a romance novel. 
I’m constantly researching bits and pieces in order to get the details right. Some of it is fun – hunting up unique sex toys and games, but most of it is mundane, like reading EPA reports on ballast water transfers on cruise ships. I’ve been known to pick the brains of my friends for information. This was crucial for books three and five to get the military backgrounds of my characters right.
 *sigh* I have to say, reading Cosmo every month in order to keep up with the current trends is arduous work.
How much time did it take from writing your first book to having it published?

Well, I started writing in 2001, and I made my first sale in 2009, published in 2010. So, nine years. I consider myself very lucky. I know writers who’ve been at it a lot longer than that before they were published.

Do you work on one project at a time? Or do you multi-task?

That’s a trick question. I usually write one manuscript at time, but there are always other stories running around in my head. My fem-dom novella, STILL TAKING CHANCES, took years, and a false start to get right. So, to answer your question, I guess I multi-task, though I try to only type on one at time. The rest is all in my head. Please don’t send the men in the white coats. I’m sane, I really am!

When not writing, how do you relax?

I read. Lots. I have a stack of books from conventions and conferences, and I have a Kindle loaded with many more. I’ve long been addicted to historical romances, so those are my go-to for real escapism. I do read in my genre, but that’s sort of like bringing work home from the office, so I don’t do that as often as you would think.
I watch a little TV. Castle and Justified are favorites. I’m also a big fan of Arrested Development and I’m very glad to hear there’s a movie in the works!
Please tell us what you got coming up and what you may be working on in the future?

As I said, the fifth book in the Lothario series is on the way, but right now I’m working on a baseball themed story. I’m really excited about it. These characters have been in my head for a while, and it’s time to tell their story. I’m a big baseball fan (Congrats to the St. Louis Cardinals) so this one is particularly fun to write.

What’s a guilty pleasure you have?

Chocolate. *sigh* We have this understanding…
Where can we find you on the ‘net?

You can find me on Facebook as Authorrozlee
On Twitter I’m  @Iwriteromance
I have a blog too – authorrozlee. Blogspot.com
My website is – rozlee.net
I love to hear from my readers, so stop by and say hello!

Thanks again to Roz Lee for stopping by today!








1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lee Ann for having me over to visit today!

    ReplyDelete

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg