Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Welcome Back Stacy Eaton - BLOOD BLUE FOR LIFE


It is with great pleasure I welcome author Stacy Eaton back to A Page In The Life.  I'm not just a host today but a fan of her work.  I've read My Blood Runs Blue and loved it.  I also just recently finished Blue Blood For Life and I'm hooked.  I want more and Ms. Eaton plans to deliver more books in the series, awesome news for her fans (including me).  I like her writing style very much and I enjoy the way she brings a realistic view of law enforcement to life.   I enjoyed my interview with Stacy so we'll begin with it but keep reading - we've got an excerpt and more below including the cover, book blurb, a bio, and of course where you can buy the book!


1.      My Blood Runs Blue was an amazing read and I really enjoyed it. I like your writing style.  It’s unique and engaging – so is the story.  You provide a fascinating twist on the vampire theme so popular today.  So tell us about Blue Blood For Life and if there will be more books in the series!

Blue Blood for Life brings back the four of the characters you read about in My Blood Runs Blue.  Kristin will be faced with more choices, some of which will be made without her knowledge, but she must learn to deal with them. Alex is kidnapped in this book and Kristin, Julian and Gabe must work together to not only find Alex but to protect Kristin.  There are quite a few new comers to this book too.  Trent is a major character and you will hear his voice in this book along with Kristin, Alex and Julian.  Kristin also brings her friends into the story when she has to explain what is happening in her life. The twists and turns are intense and go to the very end of the book.

There will be at least two more books in the series.  I have thoughts on a fifth book, but I am not sure if I will put that into book four or make it the final book.  Right now I just want to focus on getting book three on the pages.  I haven’t confirmed the title yet, but it will be something like “Blue Blood Crossed”, but again I’m not exactly sure – those particular words keep coming back to me.   I will have to wait till I get into the story more because I like to use words from my story in the title.

2.      I know you’re a police officer and you are also married to an officer so it’s no surprise your books ring so true.  I’m not involved in law enforcement but I have relatives who are and have been for years so I like to think I know a little.  So many books I’ve read lack the detail and reality so did you do additional research for your series or draw on your experience? 

I live and breathe my job and have done so for 11 years.  I thrive on the work I do and the people I deal with. The things I write about in my books are all things that I have clear concise knowledge from either training or first-hand experience.  I try hard to keep it real, and make sure that I don’t talk in a dialogue that people outside the job won’t understand.  Being able to do that is important and I have learned how to make sure that people understand what I am doing from testifying in court so many times and having to explain the details to the jury members.


3.       I noticed that an upcoming title, Whether I’ll Live Or Die is planned for sometime in 2012 and deals with domestic violence both from the victim’s perspective and the eyes of the law.  Would you like to share with us a little about that upcoming work?

Whether I’ll Live or Die is going to be a roller coaster intense novel.  It will follow Amanda from a young woman who always seems to be with the wrong man.  Somewhere along the line she must choose her life or continuing on with the way her life is going. There will be a flip side and you will follow along with Nicole also as she learns to deal with Domestic Violence in her job as a police officer. You will see the frustration and anguish it can cause them both as they move forward in the story.  I think many people will be surprised by the ending this book.

 This story is very close to my heart as I have had to deal with Domestic Violence in my life.  People have asked me if this was my own personal experience and I will tell them no. The events did not take place like they did in this book, but the emotions of pain, fear and love were something I could relate to and bring across to my readers.  I believe anyone who has every experience this DV will be able to relate to this story.

I will also be donating a portion of my proceeds from this book to a charity for Domestic Violence.


4.        Could you tell us a little about Kristin? I know my readers often ask me if my heroines are “me” and of course they’re not although most of them have a lot of “me’ somewhere in them.  How much are you and Kristin alike? In what ways are you different?

I always enjoy this question because it is an easy thing to answer.  Officer Kristin Greene is indeed me, in fact when I am talking about her to people, I say “me” instead of “Kristin”. Lol….  We are both intense, controlling people who like to make our own choices. When things don’t go as planned we both need to compromise to figure out how to deal with things. 

Kristin was very easy to write because I was so much a part of her.  We are even the same down to her eyes that change with her emotions, my eyes do that too, but nowhere as intensely as hers do.



5.      What are your future writing plans? I hope to see more titles coming because I enjoyed My Blood Runs Blue so much I want to read more.

Like I said earlier, I will be working on at least two more books for the series bringing it to a total of four.  There is a possibility of a fifth one, but we will see how four moves along.

Of course there is the Whether I’ll Live of Die novel that you already asked about and a contemporary romance called Liveon that I hope to complete by next summer.  Liveon will be about a detective that gets forced into working undercover to protect a movie star who is filming in the area.


There is one more project that I am working on right now and that is a series of books with another author.  This series is a very intense, dark gritty series that will cover the kinds of addictions that people have to deal with.  I write the voice of Detective Serena Blake who has to walk the line of doing right and wrong in her job.  While author John Walker writes the voice of Charlie Thaine, a man with intense rage issues.  I’m not sure when the first book in the series will be released but we are about half way through the first draft of Blue Haze right now.



6.       Can you share with us how you got into writing and why? Has it been a lifelong interest or just something that developed?

This was definitely something that just came out of the blue.  Back in high school, I hated writing.  I even hated reading.  I did however enjoy writing poetry, but nothing series.  It wasn’t until last year in 2010 that I got the idea for my first book and sat down to write it.  Since then there has been no turning back.  When I get the itch to do something, I do it full force.



7.       What do you do for fun and relaxation, when you’re not writing or working?

I always find this question funny – because I never relax – not really.  I am a serious Type A personality.  I go a million miles an hour and don’t usually stop until I crash into a wall.  Lol….   

I do enjoy photography and I keep my Nikon digital SLR with me almost all the time. I spend time with my family when we are all together. Love to throw toys around the back yard with my two Shiloh Shepherds and of course I am never far from my Kindle.


I think the only real time I am absolutely relaxed is when I am away from my element – away from home – maybe on a cruise ship – floating on the ocean with no technology around me – just the air – the water – the sun and my husband. Oh and don’t forget a couple of the fruity drinks with umbrellas in them!


Thank you so much for allowing me to come back and visit again!  I am so happy that you enjoyed My Blood Runs Blue and I really hope you enjoy Blue Blood for Life and continue to follow me as the rest of the series and my other books come out!

 


BLURB:

“You belong to me… for life…”

After a month off, Kristin comes back to work happier then she's been in a long time. Her new status in life has her solving crimes faster and better than she ever could before.
When Alex goes missing, Kristin finds she finally has to reveal the secrets of her life to her friends. Will they be able to stand beside her after they learn all that she has hidden from them?

Julian and Gabe stand beside her faithfully as they try to locate Alex. They are surprised to find Trent in Fawn Hollow, but know that Trent may be the only one to do what Alex has asked them to do. As one more choice is taken away from Kristin, she attempts to make the best of it, but finds herself drawn to Trent in a way Julian and Alexander could never compare to.

Trent goes to work with Kristin to keep her safe but will he be able to handle all that her police world entails? Can he handle the side of her that she reveals, the one that Alex and Julian know nothing about? When Kristin and Trent uncover the connection between her job and the kidnapping, they are finally able to put the pieces together, but can they get to Alex fast enough? Will Kristin be able to handle rescuing Alex and all that she learns in the process?

Join Kristin, Julian, Trent and Alexander as they dive into a new mystery that will have you turning the pages quickly to find out who is responsible and how Kristin’s life is forever changed once again.
Excerpt:

(Readers - I had three amazing excerpts to choose from so it was hard to use just one.  You'll just have to read the novel for more!)


Chapter 19 – Trent

Her adrenaline was racing, fierce and strong. I could feel every drop of it. While I had felt my share of adrenaline surges on my own, I had never felt one coming from someone else. It was amazing. She told me to grab something out of the truck as she pulled up to a house and immediately jumped out of the truck and ran to the front door. I was right behind her along with the other two cops that had followed us over.

When I got inside, Kristin was already doing compressions on the man and was looking around the room. Ian was down on his knees getting a piece of equipment out, and Kristin told me to get the pads ready. I sat down next to her and pulled them out getting them ready for her. The whole time I could feel her emotions running through her.

I watched as she looked up at the wife, how she looked over at the children that were with Stefan, heard her prayer for the man she worked on.

As she stood up and backed away, allowing the other personnel to work on him, I found I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She walked to the woman and picked up a toy, then moved into the kitchen. I followed her quietly. She spoke with the woman and handed the bunny to the little girl. The compassion moving through her system was amazing, and I could feel it. The adrenaline was dying down, but other emotions were still very strong in her.

We left the house after the man had been taken out on a stretcher. I walked next to her as she walked to the truck. As she put the red bag into the back, I felt awestruck. She turned to me, and I had never meant to say anything, hadn’t meant to do anything, but when I saw her look at me with a confused look on her face, I could not stop myself from stepping up close to her.

“I could feel your adrenaline. It was so strong, and then I could almost feel all your thoughts. You were worried about the man and the woman who was crying. You were fighting for that man’s life because he had small children and he was too young to die. I heard them; I felt them. That was incredible.” I lifted her chin with my fingers.

“That was beautiful.” I leaned down and kissed her. I didn’t care who saw us, or what was going on around us. I needed at that moment to tell her how amazed I was at all of this. How amazed I was at the feelings the bond between us had created. I would have said more, but her radio came to life and called her once again.



BUY LINKS:




ABOUT THE AUTHOR:          

Currently I work full time as a Police Officer for a small township is Southeastern Pennsylvania. While my current position is that of a patrol officer, I spend a lot of my time doing investigations and crime scene processing.  Forensics is something I love and I take my job seriously.

I am also a wife to a Police Officer and with our constant schedules life can get very hectic in our home. I have been blessed with two children, a son who is currently in the United States Navy and I am very proud of him for what he is doing and for putting serving his Country. My daughter is a priceless princess who loves to help me market my books to teachers and other parents while she is at school and church.

When I am not working the job that currently pays all the bills I work on my business. Yes, I have my own business too.

I have two Shiloh Shepherd dogs, Garda and Callie. They are a bit different than the standard German Shepherds most people are use to. They are larger and less aggressive and they have more fur!  Man do they have fur!!!  Garda has a face that resembles a wolf, which makes me love him even more. (You can see by my photo that I wear a wolf pendant). Garda actually means "The Guardian" in Irish. It is also the name of the Irish Police.  Rather fitting for our family of officers don't you think?

In my spare time...I write.



CONTACT LINKS



1 comment:

  1. Lee Ann - thank you so much for allowing me to come back and talk about Blue Blood for Life!!! I look forward to your readers comments!

    ReplyDelete

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg