Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts From My Heart To Yours



It's here: Thanksgiving - one of my favorite holidays of the year because I love its' history, the heartfelt sentiments surrounding the day, and enjoy the simplicity.  I like Thanksgiving as a stand alone holiday, a moment of tranquil celebration with family and friends. 

As a child I spent my Thanksgivings at my Granny's, at my aunt and uncle's home, at my other grandmother's home and in my own.  As an adult I've celebrated with my own folks and with my husband's family.  I've become the chief cook for a feast of my own and this year I'm going to be trying to balance the day between one holiday meal at my house and an evening spent with family members at my mother-in-law's place.  It may be hectic but it will be enjoyable.



I have many things to be thankful for....my own family, husband, three kids, feisty Jack Russell dog, my health, my career, my home and my life.  I'm thankful I live in the United States of America, in the beautiful state of Missouri and in the small town of Neosho.

In this past year, a wild ride by any account, I'm thankful my books are finding readers, that I have a good working rapport with my publishers and for my Rebel Ink Press family.  I am thankful for the new friends I've made, the old friends I've found again, and the family members I've found too. 

I may not have much money.  There may be days when I struggle with the bills but most of the time I manage to be happy. 

I thank the Lord for my faith, for my parish family at St. Canera Church, and for the beauty in the world that outweighs the ugliness.

I'm thankful for John Ford and all the kind folks down at the Neosho Daily News who run my column each week, for the school system that helps my children to suceed and even excell, for the friendly faces at the local supermarket, restaurants, and other businesses I frequent.

I'm thankful for the editors who work with me, the writer friends who understand and encourage, and for everyone in my life.  You are all here for a reason.

So as we gather to feast and give thanks, I want to wish all of you out there a happy Thanksgiving Day.  May your dinner be as delicious as any you've ever eaten, may the company you keep enrich and encourage you, may your hearts and homes be warmed with the power of life and the fire of faith.

Have a wonderful day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg