Friday, October 21, 2011

Welcome Stacy Eaton, author of MY BLOOD RUNS BLUE

 I am delighted to welcome author Stacy Eaton to A Page In The Life today to talk about her new release, My Blood Runs Blue.  Reading the blurb makes me definitely want to read the novel and I'm excited to learn this is book one of a new series. The second book is already available too!  I also admire this awesome cover.

Keep reading - there's much more.  We have the blurb, an excerpt, author information, links, and even an interview with the author, Stacy Eaton.

 Here are the details about the book:


BLURB:

“I’m still a cop, and my blood runs blue.”

Officer Kristin Greene has always felt that something was missing from her life. Although her job with the Fawn Hollow Township Police Department keeps her busy, she still feels like there is something else out there for her. She soon finds herself investigating a homicide where a young woman has had her throat ripped out. As she begins to dig for the answers, she finds herself thrown into a world she didn’t know ever existed. When the two strong and silent men walk into her life, she finds herself being pulled into a love triangle that has been going on longer than she has been alive. Who are they and why do they keep calling her Calista? Join Kristin as she fights to learn the truth about the recent murder, the two seductive men who have entered into her life and the real truth about herself.

My Blood Runs Blue is book one of the series. Blue Blood for Life... is the second book and was released on September 30, 2011.

My Blood Runs Blue is an adult Action/Romance Series and is intended for mature audiences.



EXCERPT:

Mr. Taylor’s nostrils flared and his mouth slacked open slightly as he looked into my eyes.  “Dead, she’s dead?” 

I stared at him, damn, did I forget to wipe the sign off my face that says, ‘hey man, sorry, but your daughter’s dead.’  How’d he know that?  Had someone from the scene called him already?

I turned back to Mrs. Taylor and found her staring at her husband eyes wide, mouth open as if she would speak. 

Wait, this was not going how it should.  I cleared my head and looked back at them, Mr. Taylor had moved over to stand beside his wife and they were both looking at me now, waiting. 

“Mr. & Mrs. Taylor, I am very sorry to say that your daughter Dawn is dead.” I HATED saying that sentence, but it was a sentence that was drilled into you from the moment you entered the academy.  You do not say, I’m sorry your daughter was in an accident, or your daughter did not make it.  Not in the first sentence. You can elaborate later, but that first sentence, has to be the one that they remember for the rest of their life.  The one that tells them, this is not a sick joke, and they are not just going to wake up tomorrow and find her asleep in her bed.  That sentence had to say it was real and it was final.  

They both stared back me. I saw Mrs. Taylor’s lips move, and I could have sworn I heard her say, “he found us”, but I thought it was more in my imagination until I looked into Mr. Taylor’s steel grey eyes and saw them widen and look at me quickly to see if I had heard what she said.  I managed to keep my face perfectly clear and thought I would mull over that statement later. 

BUY LINKS:




ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Currently I work full time as a Police Officer for a small township is Southeastern Pennsylvania. While my current position is that of a patrol officer, I spend a lot of my time doing investigations and crime scene processing.  Forensics is something I love and I take my job seriously.

I am also a wife to a Police Officer and with our constant schedules life can get very hectic in our home. I have been blessed with two children, a son who is currently in the United States Navy and I am very proud of him for what he is doing and for putting serving his Country. My daughter is a priceless princess who loves to help me market my books to teachers and other parents while she is at school and church.

When I am not working the job that currently pays all the bills I work on my business. Yes, I have my own business too.

I have two Shiloh Shepherd dogs, Garda and Callie. They are a bit different than the standard German Shepherds most people are use to. They are larger and less aggressive and they have more fur!  Man do they have fur!!!  Garda has a face that resembles a wolf, which makes me love him even more. (You can see by my photo that I wear a wolf pendant). Garda actually means "The Guardian" in Irish. It is also the name of the Irish Police.  Rather fitting for our family of officers don't you think?

In my spare time...I write.

CONTACT LINKS




Now let's sit down and chat with Stacy....


How long have you been a writer? 


In October 2010, I sat down and started writing my first book. It came easily and I finished the first book in about 9 weeks. The second one started immediately after that and took me 11 weeks to write.


What do you like most about writing? And the least?


My favorite part is putting in the descriptions of what my characters see and feel.  I want the readers to be able to visualize what is going on but I don’t want to put so much that it is over kill.  I have always had a creative way of describing things so that makes it easier. 


I also enjoy the fact that in all of my books, I write from the point of views of the characters. In book 1 there are 3 different points of view – Kristin, Julian and Alexander. Each person is telling you what they think and feel – and I love that in a book. I want to know what the other characters are thinking – why they do things – what they really want when they say something.


My Least Favorite part… the editing… Going over my writing over and over again trying to find the little errors or the mistakes in the grammar are very tedious and the part that drives me nuts.  It’s also why I’d prefer to pay someone good money to edit it because I never see the little things.


Did you dream of growing up to be a writer or did it just happen?


This came out of the blue. The midnight sky blue… I was working one night – driving around at work and the plot just started to come to me. I had NEVER thought of writing before, but the next day I sat down and the words just came. Since I opened up that door inside my mind, it hasn’t stopped!


Tell us about your latest or coming soon book(s). What inspired it?


Blue Blood for Life is the Sequel to My Blood Runs Blue.  It was released on September 30th in paperback/hardcover and kindle editions. It was very easy to write because I had so much more I wanted to do with the characters from book 1.  


The main characters are back and they are joined with a few more strong characters. This second book will take you one more twists and turns they you could imagine and everyone who has read it has told me they were shocked by some of the turns, but shocked in a good way.



Was there a lot of research involved in creating this book?


To be honest, I didn’t need to research anything for my book. I used my knowledge of law enforcement to make it realistic and then put in the paranormal vampire aspect to give it a different feel. Being a police officer for 11 years gave me all the research I needed for this.



How much time did it take from writing your first book to having it published?


Like I mentioned earlier, writing the book took me 9 weeks.  Once I knew exactly what self-publishing company I wanted to use, I jumped right in with them and started the process of editing, graphics, formatting and everything else you need to decide. The first book was released on April 5, 2011.


Do you work on one project at a time? Or do you multi-task?


With the first book, I worked on that and that alone.  About half way through book two, I started getting other ideas.  I find myself multi-tasking just about everything in my life.


When not writing, how do you relax?


You won’t find me far from my kindle at any time. I love to read and I love to review the books I read. I spend a lot of time chatting with other authors and also with fans of my books. When I’m not doing that, I’m playing with my two Shiloh Shepherds or my 8 year old daughter.


Please tell us what you got coming up and what you may be working on in the future?


Currently the third book in the series is in plot stage. I know basically where I want it to go, but not all the details or twists yet.  I have 3 other books I am working on right now also. “Liveon” is a contemporary romance about half way done. “Whether I’ll Lie or Die” is an intense fictional novel about domestic violence, I’m about half way through with this one too. Then there is a huge project that I am working on with another author.  It is a pretty intense series of books about addiction, all kinds of addictions.   All of my books involve law enforcement in one way or another and all of them have a very strong female as the police officer.

.


What’s a guilty pleasure you have?

Lol…wow…. ummmmm… Okay if it is to eat, I’d say Dove Chocolates. If it is something to do, it’s hide in my bedroom with my kindle and read.  Of course I know I should be doing lots of other things, but I’d rather lose my head in a story!
 

Where can we find you on the ‘net?


My current website is: http://stacyseatoncom.fatcow.com/


I have a blog that I post a couple times a week here: http://stacyeatonauthor.blogspot.com/








Thank you very much for honor of being featured on your blog! I am honestly humbled by the wonderful people I meet and the readers that are out there.

My thanks to Stacy for visiting with us today - and I have to admit, My Blood Runs Blue is a must read for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Lee Ann - Thank you so much for allowing me to visit! I look forward to your reader's comments and questions! I'll be tweeting about it today @StacySEaton and also have it up on my Facebook Fan page!

    ReplyDelete

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg