Friday, August 26, 2011

FRIDAY FRIENDS: Inspiration From Author Angelina Rain

Friday is here and it's "Friday Friends" time here on A Page In The Life.  I'd like to welcome author Angelina Rain back (she was last here in February after her story in the amazing anthology Indecent Encounters from Evernight Publishing debuted.

She's back with her first solo work, Intimate Healing, now available from Sapphire Blue Publishing.

I'll turn everything over to Angelina in just a moment but I have to say this - I'm ordering her book today even though my TBR pile haunts me, so much to read and so little time.  I love animals, though, and especially dogs.  Combine a love story with dogs - you got me!  My own dog, a frisky and feisty Jack Russell terrier was also a rescue dog. So when you read Angelina's guest post, I hope you'll be as moved - and interested as I was!  And don't miss the important note with the buy link - Angelina loves animals so much that she's donating 25% of her royalties to The Humane Society! 

Inspiration
By Angelina Rain
Funny how inspiration happens. You may have a specific idea of what you want to do, and it could be turned upside down once a strike of inspiration hits it.
When I started writing my contemporary romance, INTIMATE HEALING, I was aiming it at Harlequin Blaze. It was supposed to be a story of sensual passion and a second chance at love in an old relationship. I wrote the first three chapters knowing exactly how the story will play out. And. . .
My puppy ran up to me and barked. He wanted to go outside. As he joyfully wagged his tail, as his ears flapped with every ‘Woof’, I gazed at the dog I had recently adopted.
He was abused and abandoned. He was found wondering the streets on a cold spring night. He was sick, starved, and scared of anything male. He warmed up to women without a problem, but men were a different story. He hid from them, whined and whimpered when they neared him, and shook in fear at the sound of one’s voice. He was scared of household appliances, hiding every time I turned on the washer or dryer, pulled out the vacuum cleaner, or blended a drink.
One look at this playful scaredy-pup as he looked up at me with pleading eyes, and INTIMATE HEALING became the story of a dog. . . er, dogs. I needed to write about something real, about something that gripped at my own heartstrings. I wrote a story of abuse, and a story of a woman who will stop at nothing to stop it.  INTIMATE HEALING isn’t just a love story between a man and a woman, but it’s also a story about man and his (and her) four legged best friend.

INTIMATE HEALING

It’s been fourteen years since Jordan Powell ended her relationship with Nate Thrillson and she is still not over him. She never expected to see him again.

Nate is hiding a deadly secret and plans to live out the rest of his life alone. When he is assigned as head investigator to a missing dogs case he doesn’t expect to be working so closely with the town veterinarian, Jordan. As they work together to discover who is kidnapping these dogs, old feelings are brought to the surface. Can they be together again or will other problems force them apart?



(Note from me, Lee Ann, this is a gorgeous cover and I really like the pooch!)


Buy a Book and Save a Life! Because Angelina loves animals so much, she is going to donate 25% of all her royalties from INTIMATE HEALING to The Humane Society of the United States. So now, by buying a book, you will also be saving a furry life.
Angelina’s Website:

Thanks to Angelina for joining us today - I can't wait to start reading Intimate Healing and I also look forward to seeing what she has in store for her readers next!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lee Ann! Thanks for posting this, as well as buying the book. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg