Friday, July 15, 2011

Never A Dull Moment In The Life of a Writer

There is never a dull moment in the life of a writer and author.   No complaints about it, however - I love what I do and I enjoy the constant shift.   Yesterday, thanks to a new release party on The Romance Studio, my newest novel KINFOLK jumped up in sales to reach the top of my best selling title list.  That doesn't mean it's an Amazon best seller (at least not yet) but that of my novels out there on Amazon, at this time, it's outsold my other titles.

That's pretty heady stuff for a writer.  It will change again, maybe as soon as today back to the most recent top sellers - the first two books in my Love Covenant series from Evernight, Love Tattoo and Love Scars - or maybe back to my contemporary romance Love Never Fails (in both ebook and paperback) from Rebel Ink Press.   All of the above have been leaders in recent weeks but I can't guess which will lead next!

So far this week, I've gained an official name for my paranormal romance series from Evernight, finalized the contract for "Guy's Angel" with Rebel Ink, sorted out my upcoming releases with dates through May 2012 that are confirmed, wrote almost 25K on my Christmas novel that will go to Rebel as soon as it's done with a August 1 deadline looming up to stare me in the face.

I've also outlined the next in the Love Covenant series and I'm eager to plunge into the writing of it as well.

Add to that making several blog guest posts,  keeping up with this blog, writing my weekly column for the local newspaper and other little writing projects and I'm a busy girl...,which is just the way that I like it!

I've listed it elsewhere but for my blog audience here's the list of current and upcoming works that are either out or under contract....

1. Wolfe's Lady, December 2010, Evernight Publishing
2. Love Tattoo (book one of the Love Covenant series) March 2011, Evernight Publishing
3. Love Never Fails, May 2011, Rebel Ink Press, paperback edition, June 2011
4. Love Scars (book two of the Love Covenant series) June 2011, Evernight Publishing
5. Absolution, novella, No Boundaries, June 2011
6. Kinfolk, Champagne Books, July 2011
7. The Marriage Cure, Astraea Press, July 2011 (this week in fact)
8. Love Knots (book three in the Love Covenant Series) coming July 27, 2011 Evernight Press
9. Mr. Brown's Vacation, KDP (short story) July 2011

Upcoming:
10. Witness Protection Program, Rebel Ink Press, target date October 2011
11.  A Time To Love, Champagne Books, November 2011
12. In Love's Own Time, Rebel Ink Press, target date February 2012
13. Long Live The King, Champagne Books, May 2012
14. Miss Good Samaritan, Rebel Ink Press, target date May 2012
15. Guy's Angel, Rebel Ink Press, target date summer 2012

I also will be in two upcoming anthologies,
Midnight Seduction from Evernight Publishing (my story is "Salem")
Jack-O-Spec from Raven Electrick, October 2011 (my story is "Forty Eight Hours A Year")

I'm waiting to hear on a couple of other anthologies and some short fiction.
And of course the Christmas novel I'm hustling to finish.
If I did nothing else - which being a workaholic, work obsessed, busy woman - I would still have more out and upcoming that I could have imagined one short year ago.

Like I said, there's never a dull moment.

Lord, just let me keep doing this for the rest of my life, from my mouth to God's ear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg