Saturday, June 25, 2011

Paperback Writer - old favorite song and now it's me!

I adore the Beatles.  I've loved their music for decades and since I've long aspired to becoming a writer, one of my favorites (one among many) has always been "Paperback Writer".

Here are the lyrics for those who don't remember or aren't familiar:


Paperback Writer Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Beatles
Review The Song (13) Print the Lyrics



Send "Paperback Writer" Ringtones to Cell

Paperback writer

Paper back writer (paperback writer)
Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?
It took me years to write, will you take a look?
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear
And I need a job, so I want to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

It's the dirty story of a dirty man
And his clinging wife doesn't understand.
The son (The Sun) is working for the Daily Mail,
It's a steady job but he wants to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

Paperback writer (paperback writer)

It's a thousand pages, give or take a few,
I'll be writing more in a week or two.
I can make it longer if you like the style,
I can change it round and I want to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

If you really like it you can have the rights,
It could make a million for you overnight.
If you must return it, you can send it here
But I need a break and I want to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

Paperback writer (paperback writer)

Paperback writer - paperback writer
Paperback writer - paperback writer

The words of the song resonate all the more for me because, in an unexpected delightful boon, my publisher contacted me late Thursday to tell me that my contemporary romance, just debuted on May 29 as an ebook, was now out in paperback format!(One of any number of reasons why I love being a Rebel Ink writer - they are awesome)  I love ebooks and the entire revolution that it is causing to the publishing industry as a whole but there is also just something special about holding a book between your hands with your own name on the cover.

My local library has long fielded calls from patrons wanting to check out my books so as soon as I had the Amazon.com link, I forwarded to my library director who said it would be ordered.  

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Never-Fails-Sontheimer-Murphy/dp/1937265056/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1308956851&sr=1-2

Same beautiful cover, same blurb.....now in paperback.

And in case you (like me) want to hear the song....

http://youtu.be/taADLPtyDb0


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg