Saturday, April 9, 2011

LOVE TATTO's HERO: MEETING WILL BRENNAN

The hero is vital in any love story or romance.   Our readers have to identify with him enough that they feel it's plausible and understandable that the heroine will fall in love with him against any odds.   He has to be attractive, he should have some charm and at least some redeemable qualities.   Romance heros come in many flavors but in my novel LOVE TATTOO, Will Brennan is a sexy, handsome young Irishman.   For those who might have trouble visualizing Will's physical appeal, he looks a little bit like this:



(Just a note: my son is named for this young Irish hero, Patrick O'Hara, who gave his life for Ireland in 1981)

Or Will may even look a bit like a youthful Pierce Brosnan in this retro movie about Irish immigrants and their struggles, The Manions of America:





Now Will Brennan hails from a town called Toome in County Antrim and so he's familiar with this song, something he and Cara discuss in LOVE TATTOO.  She knows the song too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gixzEtC2I8g&feature=related


It's interesting to think that my Will isn't the first Will Brennan to be portrayed in a dashing, romantic light....another of my favorite songs is BRENNAN ON THE MOOR, as sung by my favorite Irish singer, Tommy Makem and his cohorts, The Clancy Brothers:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv1-xgqBLzQ&feature=related


Here's my description of Will Brennan through Cara's eyes, from the novel LOVE TATTOO:

When I turned around and saw him, leaning up against the

concrete wall, one boot propped against the building, he looked
dangerous. His black denim jeans fit his muscular, long legs as if
they were poured over them and left to harden. His boots were black
too, and studded with little silver spikes that caught the artificial lights
of the rest stop to reflect back at me like twinkling stars. As I gaped
at him, mouth open like a fish taking the bait, he smiled at me, a slow
wicked smile that made my skin grow sensitive as if I had a high
fever. That smile made little ripples run along my nerve endings and
down my spine.
“Hello, there, darlin’.” His voice came out as dark and sweet
as molasses.
I gave him a closer look because my Mama taught me never to
talk to strangers. His black hair curled tight against his head, not
cropped short but not quite long either and there was a lot of it.


Above those tight jeans, he wore a black Western shirt with white
pearl snap buttons and over it all, a black leather jacket. Between his
hair and clothes, he looked all black and white – his face and hands
glowed pale, almost translucent – except for his eyes.
Those eyes shimmered blue, not just a light blue like most
people have but a rich, dark shade like sapphires or the clearest, azure
autumn sky. He looked at me as if he knew me, as if he could read
me like a favorite paperback book, and what he saw, he seemed to
like.
I found my voice, or really it found its way up out of my throat
and into my mouth before I could think about what to say.
“Good morning to you.”
He flicked ash from the cigarillo that he held in his right hand
and raised it to his lips. The end of it glowed red like dawn, bright as
fire and he exhaled smoke, his eyes never leaving my face. I didn’t
even know his name and yet he attracted me, pulled me toward him as
the moon draws the tides to shore. Until he spoke, his appeal was
physical but his next words captured my heart without a single shot.
 
 
And here's what Laurie from Bitten By Paranormal Romance had to say in her Goodreads review:
 
Apr 04, 2011 Laurie (Bitten by Paranormal Romance) rated it Four Stars:


Love Tattoo is a very sweet romance story between a hero vampire and a heroine human. This is not an adventure or fast action read. This is about two meeting and falling in love, getting to know each other and accepting each other. There a lot of sexual tension and sex, but it’s on the less steamy side. Even though this is a short novella the author tells a lot about both Will and Cara so you get to know them. I enjoyed reading this love story and I recommend this to anyone who just wants a simp...moreLove Tattoo is a very sweet romance story between a hero vampire and a heroine human. This is not an adventure or fast action read. This is about two meeting and falling in love, getting to know each other and accepting each other. There a lot of sexual tension and sex, but it’s on the less steamy side. Even though this is a short novella the author tells a lot about both Will and Cara so you get to know them. I enjoyed reading this love story and I recommend this to anyone who just wants a simple love story without complications.

Intrigued by Will Brennan?

LOVE TATTOO available here:

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Tattoo-ebook/dp/B004SIQYO6

and here:

http://www.evernightpublishing.com/products/Love-Tattoo-by-Lee-Ann-Sontheimer-Murphy.html

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Heat Level: 3

Word Count: 38, 845

ISBN: 978-1-926950-34-1

Editor: Caitlin Ray

Cover Artist: LF Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg