Monday, April 25, 2011

In Thunder, Lightning, and In Rain

From Act One,  Scene One, Macbeth by William Shakespeare:

Thunder and lightning.


Enter three WITCHES.

First Witch

1 When shall we three meet again?

2 In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
Second Witch

3 When the hurlyburly's done,

4 When the battle's lost and won.

Third Witch

5 That will be ere the set of sun.


It's been raining with thunder and lightning for several days now.  Flooding in the Ozark region is at historic proportions.  One newscaster quoted a local as saying it's been the worst in 70 years.  Since I'm not nearly old enough to know, I'll take their word on that but it's a mess.

I'm glad I live on a hill and not in one of the low-lying areas.

I kept thinking of the opening lines of Shakespeare's Macbeth all day so I started the belated blog post for the day with them.

If my hero from LOVE TATTOO can quote Shakespeare, so can I!

I don't think it is raining right now and I'm hoping that it will be over ere the set of sun which is imminent.

I'm running hours behind, a day late and more than a dollar short so I'll leave you with the words of the Bard to ponder....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg