Thursday, April 21, 2011

Drunk On Writing - Antidote To Reality

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. ~Ray Bradbury

Reality sucks.

No matter how any of us face the world, we all have realities that we would rather not deal with but we shoulder our burdens and move forward.

If I wanted to dwell on some of the realities in my life, I could go crazy with it.  I could spend countless hours worrying over things that I cannot change or I could accept that to go on.

I used to be a news junkie, something born during my own journalism days, and I kept up with all the tragic, terrible things in the world, all that breaking news.    Some months back, I quit cold turkey and I am far more happy for it.

I don't live in a vaccuum and I do watch or follow some news.   But I no longer watch CNN on a regular basis or stop by their webpage or visit MSNBC or any other sources throughout the day.

Like Ray Bradbury suggests, I'd rather stay drunk on writing.

Just as I like to lose myself in a good book, I like to dive into the worlds of my creation and live awhile.   I have control there that I lack in real life.

As much as I love to read, writing is for me like reading intensified to the maximum experience.

So today, like every other day, I'll be drunk on writing.

It's better than reality....no worries, be happy and all that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg