Saturday, April 16, 2011

Author Faire Today

Outside my window it is still black outside and the wind is still blowing.  I am up too early for a Saturday morning but I couldn't relax back into sleep because today is the local Friends of the Library Author Faire and I am one of the authors.

So that means I have a lot to do to get things ready to transport to the atrium of the local high school at noon for the event that begins at 1pm and runs until 3pm.

I'm not at all nervous about this - I somehow got over that long ago.   Years in broadcasting, small speaking gigs, and just life took away the bashfulness I once had.   But the devil is always in the details and there are many small things I need to do before I go to the faire.

How that faire got a fancified "e" on the end is something I'll never know but I just roll with it.

Anyone within an easy drive of the small town of Neosho, Missouri should come on over.   Up to 20 authors will be there including myself and it's a diverse group - historians, former college president, a Catholic nun, me the paranormal romance author, and more.    It should be somewhat informal - after each author gets a chance to make a few remarks, it's basically meet and greet.

I made up an author trailer to run on my laptop if need be.

If this event goes well, it will become an annual event and I've already had a few other authors I know in Missouri express interest for next year.

The Neosho Newton County Friends of the Library Author Faire is today, from 1pm to 3pm at the Neosho High School Atrium.   The school is located on south Neosho Boulevard, easy to find, so come join us if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg