Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Windows of the World Are Covered With Rain

Back when I was in high school, I happened to be in choir and one of the songs that we learned, sang, and performed was The Windows of The World, written by Burt Bacharach and a hit for Dionne Warwick in the late 1960's, long before we sang it.

It's a hauntingly beautiful song, though, and today since it is a rainy, cold day outside, I thought of the song.  The windows of my world are covered with rain today but in spite of the weather, I plan to move forward with my plans for the day.

In life, we so often have these days when rain covers the windows of our world but since we all know that the sunshine will return sooner or later, we hang in and carry on.

I would actually enjoy the cold, wet, nasty day if I could stay in and enjoy it.  It would be a great day for some reading or writing but of course, I have a thousand things to do and most of them away from the house.   My family has this ongoing need for things like food and toilet tissue and I'm the desiginated go getter for all that stuff.

In the meantime though I'll listen to Dionne Warwick sing an old favorite song......and you can too, here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjNNijd4t0Q

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg