Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturdays Then And Now

As a kid, I couldn't wait for Saturday!  It was a day that I could watch cartoons (far better ones were showing then than now), play outside, go shopping with my mother or grandmother, and just have fun.   It was a low-key day and I could just settle down to relax.

I compare my Saturdays now to those halycon days with a sigh of remberance and wistful longing.

Saturday now has become an all purpose work day and probably my day of the least output as a writer.

First up today is some necessary house cleaning.  I have floors that need to be mopped, others than need the touch of the vaccuum cleaner.   Our main bathroom cries out for cleaning.

Once all that is tidy and sparkling, one daughter requires new blue jeans.  That will, as she is a teenager, require the mall which I have begun to actually hate.  My idea of going to the mall is in and out - hers is mall crawl.   I have a grocery shopping list in progress and suddenly the day is busy.

By the time things settle and I have time to unwind, I may work in a few words but the hours I normally spend on writing - or these days also promoting - will be gone.

My adult Saturdays are just not as fun as those of my childhood!

That makes me feel old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet it!

The Romance Studios

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jNp4LDFrXI/TdOM6L9092I/AAAAAAAAAG0/SQaj2BgT66U/s1600/Kinfolk-EBOOK.jpg